- ABOUT US
Team FanClub Inc., a company located in Cincinnati, Ohio doing business in Canada and the United States of America (US) (“Team FanClub Inc. NA”) a/k/a TFC a company located in Cincinnati, Ohio doing business as Team FanClub Inc., a Delaware Corporation in all other jurisdictions ” and collectively with Team FanClub Inc., www.teamfanclub.com, "we", "our" or "us") is firmly committed to your privacy.
Whether you are a US resident, or of another country, Team FanClub Inc. will be the organization collecting your personal data. Where you are a resident of any other jurisdiction, Team FanClub Inc. will be the "controller" (or the equivalent thereof in your jurisdiction of residence) of your data.
Whether you are a US resident or Canadian citizen, Team Fanclub Inc., 4832 Cooper Road Suite 200, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Controller: Whether you are a Canadian or US resident, Team FanClub Inc. a Delaware Corporation, will be the organization collecting your personal data.
Information processed: We process different types of data from you in connection with your access to the Platform and use of the Services. We collect data when you register for the Services which can be attributed to you individually (for example, your email address, your location and demographic data). We also collect data automatically from your use of the Platform for example cookies and your IP addresses. For more information about the types of personal data we collect or process.
Usage: We use the data we collect from you for several different purposes which are described. The main purpose is to facilitate your use of the Services.
Disclosure: We disclose the data we collect from you in several different circumstances, including to our service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf in connection with our provision of the Services. Some of the recipients who we disclose your data to may be in jurisdictions outside your location. For more information about who we disclose information too.
Security: We take the protection of your personal data seriously. For more information about how we protect your data.
Your Rights: Depending on where you are located, you will have various rights in relation to your data. For more information about your rights.
- WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use the Platform and/or our Services, we collect and receive two types of data:
- data that, alone or in combination with other data, can be used to identify you ("Personal Data"). For clarity, “Personal Data” includes any personal information, personal data, or personally identifiable information as defined by the privacy or data protection laws in your jurisdiction; and
We collect and receive the following Personal Data and Non-Personal Data directly from you and automatically through your use of our Services:
- Data we will ask you for.
When you create a profile on our Platform, you will be required to provide the following data. Without this data, we will be unable to create an account for you or provide the Services:
- create a username (a unique name or email) and a password,
- contact information that’s required (for example, your email address),
- your relationship status including what you are looking for from the Services (for example, if you are an attached male seeking females); and
- demographic information (your city of residence, zip/postal code, and date of birth for the purpose of determining your age).
When you make a purchase off our Platform you are contractually required to provide billing information including your name, address, and details of your chosen payment method for us to be able to process your transaction. Failure to provide this information means we will be unable to provide the requested Service/feature.
At your option, you may choose to activate 2-factor authentication for your account through Auth0, a third-party provider of a user authentication service. Auth0’s service is based on providing you with a verification code, which you enter when logging into your Service to confirm your identity. Auth0 sends verification codes by text message to a telephone number that you provide. To facilitate your use of the Auth0 service, we will be required to share with Auth0 your telephone number to link it to your account with us and will therefore ask for your phone number for this purpose. Note that the Auth0 service is not part of the Service, and is subject to separate terms and conditions, including different policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data. We do not have control over Auth0. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with them. Please note that if you decide to delete your NIL Donor Inc. account, we will delete your phone number from our records, but this will not affect Auth0 with respect to the phone number we provided to Auth0 on your behalf. You will need to contact Auth0 directly with respect to management of your Auth0 account, including any deletion requests.
- Data that is generated when you use the Platform.
- Data you may choose to provide to us.
While creating your profile, you may choose how much data you share with us. You will be offered the chance to upload/provide:
- a photograph (we provide tools to allow you to blur or add masks to any photographs);
- personal characteristics such as your height, weight, body type and gender (although you may choose to select "rather not say");
- if you reside outside the European Union, your ethnicity (although you may choose to select "rather not say"); and
- a personal description.
Once you create an account on the Platform, you may include additional details about yourself through the Manage Profile page such as:
- details of any languages spoken; and
- details of smoking habits (although you may choose to select "not specified").
You are encouraged to create a pseudonymous profile and are not required to include data in your profile that would allow you to be directly identified. If you want to remain anonymous to the public, please be careful about what you choose to share, especially if you upload photographs or choose a username which could allow you to be easily identified.
- Data that will be collected automatically from your device.
Where you have enabled the setting on your mobile device, with your permission, we will also collect your location data to help you identify other Platform members in your area who also have this feature switched on. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device. We also collect your IP address which may reveal your general geographic location from your browser access to help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests and help us protect against fraud.
- Data collected from third parties.
Occasionally, we may receive Personal Data about you from third parties, such as from a credit card company or issuer with respect to a disputed charge, or from another user of the Services respecting a complaint about your activities while using the Services; however, we do not seek or purchase Personal Data about you from third parties.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the Personal Data and Non-Personal Data that we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services, including:
to provide you with access to a forum focused on open-minded and discreet relationships, where members can search for and connect with other like-minded individuals.
to allow users to find other users’ profiles based on preferences or user location and to allow you to create a profile which will appear on your chosen website(s) and to promote that profile to other users of the Services.
- to maintain and improve our Platform including improving the content and functionality of our Platform or customize the layout of our pages for each individual member.
- to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Platform.
- to conduct surveys and market research to improve the Services.
- with your consent or as permitted by law, to communicate with you in connection with the Services including, for the purposes of informing you of changes or additions to the Service, or of any our products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- to detect and combat fraud, and better understand how to protect your information.
- to process your payments and to help resolve payment disputes.
- to deliver targeted advertising and promotional offers to you from external companies that are of the highest relevance to your demographic profile.
- to manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- to protect our own rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to respond to legal process.
- to protect the rights and interests of users of the site from other users that violate the law or our Terms and Conditions, such as in cases of harassment or threats.
- to comply with applicable law.
- to save your data, such as your user account, registration, profile data and other data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services.
- to offer more secure access to your account.
- to track your return visits to, and use of, the Services to create aggregated usage statistics to help us better understand and optimize web usage.
- to offer potential match recommendations to you, based on your viewing history and search criteria; and
- in connection with a potential sale of our business or assets and/or to manage legal claims against us each of which are described in more detail below.
We also use Non-Personal Data. For example, we may collect and analyze aggregated and/or de-identified information to produce statistical data to help us improve our provision of the Services and manage user activity across the Platform.
The following only applies to users residing in the EU.
We collect your data as a Data Controller when we have a legal basis to do so. The following legal bases pertain to our collection of data:
- Our use of your Personal Data is necessary to perform a contractor take steps to enter a contract with you. This applies to our processing activities described at 4A, 4G, 4N and 4P above. Where the information processed is a “special category of personal data” (known as sensitive data – health information (HIPPA) or information about your sexual preferences or ethnicity), we require an additional lawful basis which will be your consent.
- Our use of your Personal Data is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization to make improvements to our products and services and to expand our business. This applies to our processing activities described at 4B, 4C, 4D, 4H, 4M, 4Q (save where we need consent by local law) and for certain purposes in 4F and 4I.
- Our use of your Personal Data is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have, where we are required to disclose Personal Data to a court, tax authority or regulatory body in the event of an investigation. This applies to some purposes involved our processing activities described at 4E, 4F, 4J, and 4L.
- Our use of your Personal Data is in accordance with your consent. This applies to our processing activities described at 4E, 4H, 4K, 4M, 4N and 4O (in each case where required by local law).
- HOW WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may provide Personal Data to third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- To trusted third parties to assist us in the provision of the Service and the operation of our business
We will share your Personal Data with third party service providers that we have engaged to perform services on our behalf, based on our instructions, such as to our parent, subsidiary, or sister companies, or to advertising agencies, marketing agents, credit card payment processors, data processing and storage companies or organizations which provide administrative and support services to us.
We limit our disclosure of your Personal Data to such third parties to that which is reasonably necessary for the purpose or service for which the third-party service provider is engaged.
We also use contractual and other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the data is being processed by such third parties, including limiting such providers to using your Personal Data solely to provide us with the specific service for which those providers were engaged, and for no other purpose. You can obtain more information about our policies and practices with respect to the use of Personal Data by third party service providers by contacting [email protected].
- To courts, regulators and law enforcement as required or permitted by law, including:
to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, pursuant to warrant, order, subpoena, or statutory requirement.
in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings involving ruby; and
to otherwise establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and protect against misuse of our Platform (including providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk), or to protect the personal safety and property or our users or the public as permitted by law. This means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions.
- In the event of a sale or merger, including:
as required, in connection with the sale, assignment, bankruptcy proceeding or other transfer of the business or a portion of the business of our Platform, including a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of assets or other corporate change of our direct or indirect parent companies that affects us, as well as the insurance or securitization of our assets. In any such case, the recipient parties will be contractually required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the purposes of the transaction, or proposed transaction, in question
We do not otherwise share, give, rent, or sell your Personal Data to any third parties, unless you give us additional consent to do so.
You should be aware that some of your Personal Data will be provided to, or otherwise visible to, other users of the Service as part of the normal operation of the Service (as set out in the terms or description of the service). For example, your username, profile information and any information that you post to the Platform will be available to, and searchable by, other users of the Platform and Services. In the European Union, the lawful basis for this disclosure is voluntarily making the data public. If you are not comfortable making this data public, you can subscribe to our Hide Profile feature, which allows your profile to remain private and un-searchable.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data in several circumstances including to third party advertisers.
- DATA TRANSFERS
As we have a global business operation, your Personal Data will be transferred to recipients located in jurisdictions outside your jurisdiction of residence, and that your profile will be accessible by users all over the world. If you are concerned about this, you can stop using our Services at any time.
These recipients include (NIL Office Inc.) and many of our service providers who are based in other countries. As a result, your Personal Data will be used, stored and/or accessed in countries outside your jurisdiction of residence, including without limitation Canada and China. Some of these jurisdictions do not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those in your country however we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within your home country. In particular, if you are a resident of the European Union, whenever we transfer your data outside of Europe we will either: (a) ensure that the recipient is certified with the Privacy Shield Framework or that the country is deemed adequate by the European Commission; (b) put in place Standard Contractual Clauses or (c) implement appropriate safeguards approved by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection in compliance with applicable data protection laws. You have a right to request details about the appropriate safeguard where this is documented (but it may be redacted to ensure confidentiality).
We take the protection of your Personal Data seriously. We implement appropriate measures and take steps to protect Personal Data against loss and theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, and modification using security safeguards, including physical, organizational, and technological measures, commensurate with the sensitivity of your Personal Data. Employees who have access to your Personal Data are made aware of the importance of keeping it confidential.
Where we use service providers who might have access to your Personal Data, we require them to have privacy and security standards that are comparable to ours. We use contracts and other measures with our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Personal data and to prevent it from being used for any other purpose.
Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee complete security. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, relying on two-factor authentication and keeping your log-in and password private.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
We keep your Personal Data for only if it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, after which we delete or de-identify your Personal data, rendering it Non-Personal Data.
In general, we retain your Personal Data for a period corresponding to a statute of limitation setting out the period during which legal claims may be filed in court. For example, we’ll retain your Personal Data during the statute of limitation period, to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us and, as applicable, assert or defend against a legal claim. We automatically delete data where an account has been inactive (e.g., no messages sent etc.) for 18 months. As a rule, we will hold purchase information for 6 months past account deletion to ensure that we can deal with any chargeback/payment penalties. However, in some circumstances we may retain Personal Data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
The Platform and Services are not for use by children under the age of 18 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, store, share or use the Personal Data of children under 18 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, please do not use this Service or provide any Personal Data, even if prompted by the website to do so.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You could exercise the following rights:
- Right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. For example, if you wish to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications, you can change your settings in your account on the website, use the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails, or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications. Note that your withdrawal of such consent may limit your ability to fully use the Services.
- Right of access, rectification and erasure.
You have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data that we may hold, to request correction of any inaccurate data relating to you and to request the deletion of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. Please note that you can hide certain information visible to public users of the Platform at any time by going to the 'Manage Profile' or 'Account Settings' sections in your account.
- Data portability.
Where the Personal Data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such Personal Data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to restriction of processing.
it, unless we have your consent or as otherwise required by law) where: You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data (meaning we could only store
- you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data, until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy.
- where we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but you require such Personal Data for the purposes of a dispute, compliant or proceeding.
- Right to object to direct marketing (including profiling).
You have the right to object to our use of your Personal Data (including profiling) for direct marketing purposes, such as when we use your Personal Data to inform you of our promotions.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the privacy commissioner with jurisdiction over your place of residence if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law (although we ask you to try resolve any complaints with us first).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING
Provided we have obtained necessary permissions and consents in accordance with local laws, we use these tools only to provide you with a more personalized user experience, to better understand your needs and preferences, to provide you with content (including advertising) that is most relevant to you and to monitor trends respecting the usage of our site and apps.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks as described further in this section).
Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. These “images” are automatically loaded to your browser/device when you visit our website or open an html format email message from us, thereby letting us know if a certain page was visited or an email message was opened. Clear GIFs allow us to record simple user actions related to our websites and to email communications received from us, to help us determine the usage and effectiveness of our site and communications. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of our visitors and app users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third-party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded. These can be blocked either by using a third-party application such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com), or, in the case of emails, by changing your settings to prevent images from being downloaded (where your email client supports this functionality).
- DIRECT MARKETING
Where we have necessary permissions and consents in accordance with local laws, (a) we will send you marketing information about our Platform and our Services, and about other products and services we offer where we legitimately believe this may be of interest to you, and (b) this content will be personalized. Where you have specifically requested marketing information from the partners that we work with or have expressly indicated that you would like to receive details from other ruby Corp. group entities we will also send promotional offers.
Depending on your marketing preferences, marketing may be carried out by email, push notifications or other electronic channels (see our Cookie Notice at Annex A for further details). If you change your mind, you can always choose to unsubscribe from receiving these marketing communications. You can do this by clicking the "unsubscribe" link on any of our emails, via the "Manage Profile" feature of the Platform.
We use Personal Data that you provide in your user profile combined with certain algorithms and machine-based learning to improve our Platform search function and to present profiles to you which are more likely to be of interest – based on the demographic data of individuals with whom you interact in order to present more profiles of other similar users that you appear to be interested in. You can elect to change your preferences at any time on your profiling. This does not amount to "automated decision making" which would have any significant impact on you.
- ACCESS AND UPDATES
You could (i) opt-out of certain communications, (ii) modify/update Personal Data you have provided to us, and (iii) hide certain information visible to public users of the Platform at any time by going to the 'Manage Profile' or ‘Account Settings’ sections on your profile.
Please be aware that it may take several hours for any custom changes you make to take effect on the public areas of the system. Please also note that changing or deleting your information through the 'Manage Profile' or ‘Account Settings' section of the system, or opting out of email notifications from us, will only change or delete the data in our database for the purpose of future activities and communications.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policies and practices related to your information, please use our Contact Form, or contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Officer or by writing to:
- Where you are a US resident or Canadian citizen, 75 Wynford Heights Crescent, Suite 2101, Toronto, Ontario Canada M3C 3H9
- Where you are a resident of any other jurisdiction,
right to access Personal Data we hold about you and to have any concerns you may have over our policies and practices addressed. In addition, you have the right to obtain information regarding our policies and practices as they relate to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data, including with respect to the transfer and storage of your information outside your home jurisdiction, and to request updates to, or correction of, your Personal data.
We aim to resolve all complaints promptly. For residents of the European Union, if you are not satisfied with any resolutions proposed, or if you have concerns with processing of data, you may contact your local data protection authority, a list of which is found here.
- IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This section provides information for California residents. Pursuant to California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we provide California residents information about how we collect and process your Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Disclose, and Sell
Personal Information of California Residents Categories Collected, Processed, Shared with Third Parties
|Categories of personal information||Do we collect?||Do we disclose for business purposes?||Do we sell?||Sold or Disclosed for a business or commercial purpose in the prior 12 months?|
|NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION AND IDENTIFIERS: Identifiers such as name, nickname, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, username, passwords.||YES||YES||NO||We may disclose this information to our payment processors for the following business purposes:|
● To prevent credit card fraud
● To respond to chargeback claims
● To process customer refund inquires
We may use one’s IP address for fraud detection and data security
|CUSTOMER RECORDS: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number.||YES||YES||NO||We may disclose this information to our payment processors for the following business purposes:|
● To prevent credit card fraud
● To respond to chargeback claims
● To process customer refund inquires
|PROTECTED CLASSIFICATIONS: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as Race, sex, age.||YES||YES||NO||● We may disclose age groups/range segment conversion data to certain performance marketing campaigns to confirm payment-qualifying transactions.|
● Users must identify their gender in order to use the service and for the purpose of being presented with profiles of other users
● Users may choose to provide other information such as their race to better describe themselves to other users of the service.
|PURCHASE HISTORY AND TENDENCIES: Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO||YES||NO||We may disclose this information to our payment processors for the following business purposes:|
● To prevent credit card fraud
● To respond to chargeback claims
● To process customer refund inquires
|USAGE DATA: Internet or other electronic network activity information such as usage of services, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||YES||YES||NO||We may disclose this information to our payment processors for the following business purposes:|
● To prevent credit card fraud
● To respond to chargeback claims
● To process customer refund inquires
|GEOLOCATION DATA: City of residence.||YES||NO||NO||NO|
|AUDIO/VISUAL: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: Professional or employment-related information.||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|EDUCATION INFORMATION: Not collected.||NO||NO||NO||NO|
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 15.
California Residents’ Rights
California law grants California residents’ certain rights and imposes restrictions on business practices as set forth below.
Do-Not-Sell. We do not sell your Personal Data.
Verifiable Requests for Copy, Deletion and Right to Know. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to make the following requests, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months:
Right of Deletion: California residents have the right to request deletion of their Personal Data that we have collected about them, subject to certain exemptions, and to have such Personal Data deleted, except where necessary for specific purposes exempt under the law.
Right to a Copy: California residents have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months and to have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows the individual to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance.
Right to Know: California residents have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- categories of Personal Data collected.
- categories of sources of Personal Data.
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling their Personal Data.
- categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their Personal Data.
- categories of Personal Data that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose.
- categories of Personal Data collected; and
- categories of third parties to whom the residents’ Personal Data has been sold and the specific categories of Personal Data sold to each category of third party.
Submitting Requests. Requests to exercise the right of deletion, right to a copy, and / or the right to know may be submitted by creating a customer ticket We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
Incentives and Discrimination. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California residents related to their personal information.
Discrimination: We respect your privacy rights. We do not discriminate against residents who exercise their rights under CCPA.
California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain Personal Data are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the Personal Data (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third party sharing in the prior calendar year. California residents who would like to make such a request may submit a request in writing (see Section 15 “Contact Us” for ways to reach us).